[Portland] First xdg-utils beta release

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Mon Jun 26 09:33:20 PDT 2006

Congratulations to the Portland team!  This beta release of the
xdg_utils demonstrates to the world that the desktop development
community is serious about giving application vendors a singular view of
the linux desktop.

The following announcement will be hitting the wire today!

http://www.osdl.org/newsroom/press_releases/2006/portland_beta_PR.html

Note the supporting statements from the KDE community, the GNOME
community, freedesktop.org, RealNetworks, Turbolinux, Open Country, and
Codeweavers.

Rumor has it that that the recent release of the Google Earth for Linux
included pre-beta xdg_utils tools.

Cheers,
John Cherry
OSDL DTL