[Portland] Consistent messaging

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Thu Mar 9 23:16:48 EET 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 10:16 -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Looks good, except:
>
> I'd show a second line between the 'tools' and
> the desktop-specific implementations, emphasizing that
> the tools might not always use the comm link.

Since we are avoiding architectural issues, perhaps it would be best
just show that the tools/library are abstracted from the
desktop-specific implementations and avoid the comm link altogether.

> I'd also change the text
> "Lubos Lunak, a key Portland Project developer responded
> immediately by pointing Jeremy to the code, "
> "Lubos Lunak, a key Portland Project developer, responded
> immediately by pointing Jeremy to a prototype, "
>
> to avoid annointing any one prototype as "the" prototype.

Good point.

> Also, I'd remove the sentences
> "Is the Portland Project real?"
> and
> "The Portland Project is real."
> out of modesty.  We won't know if it's real until an ISV starts using it.

Another good point.  There are a number of other writing style issues
that I will be addressing as well.  Thanks for the feedback.

John