[Portland] Summarize current plan?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Mar 12 18:25:03 EET 2006

On 3/12/06, Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>   2.  Am I meant to bundle it with my app, or
>       do I expect to find it already installed on
>       a Linux distro?

Indeed.  Bundling with the ISV's app is a use case that
we need to address, at least for the commandline apps
that do things like add menu items or invoke the email client.

If I recall correctly, Jeremy posted a glowing endorsement of the
Portland project here for use in John's email, but
his comments were about the "script to invoke
the email client" use case.  I don't think it would be right
to use his comment until some Portland deliverable addresses that in a
way he can use.
- Dan