[Portland] Summarize current plan?

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 13 05:24:41 EET 2006

> If someone is working on this, I wrote a script that might fit in with
> this...
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/portland/2005-December/000087.html
>
> Basically it implements a simple lookup to find the .desktop file for an
> application, to verify installation or uninstallation as per the XDG
> spec.

Along those lines, I posted a script for managing icons here:
  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2006-February/007685.html
(note that the attached script there has a bug; the ~/.kde
default should have a further 'share' in the path).

For the record, I greatly appreciate all that you and
OSDL are doing for Linux on the desktop.  It's a hard job;
with so many of us all cheerful to tell you what to do <grin>.

Cheers,

Jeremy