[Portland] Bonobo/KParts interoperability

Maxim Udushlivy maxim.udushlivy at gmail.com
Sun May 7 12:59:45 PDT 2006

Maxim Udushlivy wrote:
> Implementing XEmbed-based GUI control embedding via D-BUS (DBus.Embed
> ?) probably could be a first step to KParts/Bonobo interoperability. I
> am new to these topics and can only guess what may be done next:
> 1. Create special KPart and Bonobo controls that will act as
> containers in DBus.Embed environment
> 2. Extend KParts and Bonobo systems to expose their controls to
> DBus.Embed
Fixed point 2 (avoids modifications to existing code):
1. Create two special KParts and Bonobo controls that will act as
DBus.Embed containers (this will enable to embed any DBus.Embed control
into KParts and Bonobo containers)
2. Create two special DBus.Embed controls that will act as KParts and
Bonobo containers (this will enable to embed any KParts and Bonobo
controls into DBus.Embed container)