[Portland] xdg-screensaver.in

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue May 9 16:38:52 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 04:47, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> First cut at the screensaver script.  I sorted out a simple way to do
> the screensaver suspend, but there might be a better way (open to
> suggestions.)  I also implemented the other obvious functionality -
> plain disable/enable, and immediate on/off.

Thanks. I had a quick look at it and I'd say, commit it.
You might want to check if you'd like to tranform the error output messages to
parameters of the failure calls (they should support this)

> I also wasn't sure how to do the screensaver ops for gnome - perhaps the
> xset approach is sufficient?

There could be some DBus call similar to KDE's DCOP stuff on recent GNOME
versions.
I once tried to google for it, but only found mentioning of some interface,
not any real description.
I'd say as long as there is no GNOME developer interested in participating,
we'll just use whatever we can find out ourselves.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>