[Portland] Screen saver questions / proposal

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Apr 24 19:36:32 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 24 April 2007, Jeremy White wrote:
> So first question:  wouldn't it make more sense to just allow
> those .desktop files to be anywhere in the menu hierarchy?

since we didn't actually want the screensavers in the user's applications menu
and since they are more like "plugins" to the screensaver control, kde has
moved the .desktop files to services/ where they can be queried for. it's the
same .desktop files, just outside of the applications menu area. hopefully
this doesn't put too many monkey wrenches into things, but it does make more
sense this way imho.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se