[Portland] installing MIME-types

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Mon Feb 12 16:01:41 PST 2007

Hi Harald,

Re 1) the process is to include the mimetype in the application's .desktop file.

Re 2) a mimetype without x- must be registered with IANA. Using a vnd. prefix is a good idea, yes.

Re 3) Yes you need to use the xdg-icon-resource command to install an icon. The icon name is derived from the mimetype. No, SVG is not very well supported (I was under the impression it's mention had been removed from the manual)

Cheers,
Waldo

Intel Corporation - Platform Software Engineering, UMG - Hillsboro, Oregon