[Portland] X-KDE-SubstituteUID

Fathi Boudra fboudra at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 05:15:17 PST 2007

Le vendredi 16 février 2007 14:05, Harald Nikolisin a écrit :
> but I'm sure that I saw on a GNOME desktop also programs starting which
> ask for the root password.
> Either there is a already an desktop independent way for the
> functionality of " X-KDE-SubstituteUID" or there should be one..

i asked a similar question around 8 month ago:
"alternative to X-KDE-SubstituteUID for non KDE desktops"

Atm, it doesn't exist. Under Debian/Ubuntu there's su-to-root. Unfortunately
xdg-su was dropped from xdg-utils 1.0. By the way, it can be part of a 1.1
release or released stand alone at some point (dixit waldo bastian).

cheers,

Fathi