[Portland] X-KDE-SubstituteUID

Harald Nikolisin harald.nikolisin at sofistik.de
Fri Feb 16 05:05:05 PST 2007

meanwhile I changed installation and set a suid-bit for this program. An
answer to this question is not longer important..

but I'm sure that I saw on a GNOME desktop also programs starting which
ask for the root password.
Either there is a already an desktop independent way for the
functionality of " X-KDE-SubstituteUID" or there should be one..

best regards,
  harald