[Portland] xdgsu root wrapper status

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort pochu at ubuntu.com
Mon May 26 02:34:34 PDT 2008

(Please, CC me in replies, I'm not subscribed)

Hi all,

There seems to be an xdg su wrapper in [1], but it isn't shipped in xdg-utils'
tarballs. Could someone explain what the status of it is?

I think it would be a good idea if it would, so that .desktop files could use it
to run commands as root, because right now they use gksu/kdesu/... and they
won't work if that su wrapper isn't installed (e.g. a GNOME user running a KDE
app which needs root rights). That will make .desktop files more
desktop-independent!

Thanks,
Emilio

[1] http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/portland/portland/xdg-utils/scripts/xdg-su