Fwd: [Promotion] Research proposal

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Thu Feb 16 04:55:44 PST 2006

On Thursday 16 February 2006 12:15, Thilo Pfennig wrote:
> 2006/2/16, Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net>:
> > We discussed doing some collaborative research on the KDE marketing list
> > and came up with the following as a possible starting point. What do
> > people think? How could/should we go about doing this sort of research?
>
> The question in my mind is, what people do we want to question?  Are
> we inteding to question the current users of free desktops or do we
> ant to do a general survey to all possible computer users. The latter
> could give us some hints what kind of people/user could be interested
> in free sorftware, the former would more analyse the current use.
>
> Both would have interesting results and maybe both directions could be
> mixed. What was your focus while composing the questions?

Quoth sebas: "I think first and foremost, we want to find out what our current
market share is, and we want to know what the perceived strengths (~= our
current selling points) to the user are."

Regards,
Tom

--
I'm aware that e-mails to me may be blocked by my host
because they are mistaken as spam. If this happens,
please e-mail me at: telex4 at yahoo.com