[Promotion] hello

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sat Jan 21 16:28:16 PST 2006

On Sunday 22 January 2006 01:28, Patrick Trettenbrein wrote:
> Am Samstag, 21. Januar 2006 21:51 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
> > At the Desktop Architects Meeting [1] in Portland end of last year it was
> > decided to write and publish a common statement including
> > freedesktop.org, KDE, GNOME and any other organization who wants to join.
> > See [2] for the mail with the latest draft.
> >
> > Maybe this could be the open letter you are proposing. It would be great
> > if people from this list could help to get this done. Especially on the
> > GNOME side we need some help with that.
> >
> > The idea is that it's published in parallel on the home pages of GNOME,
> > KDE and other projects working on the free desktop. This really could
> > show the world that we are working together on our common goal, to make
> > the free desktop succeed.
> >
> > [1]
> > http://groups.osdl.org/workgroups/dtl/desktop_architects/december_2005_me
> >et ing [2]
> > http://lists.osdl.org/pipermail/desktop_architects/2006-January/000698.ht
> >ml
>
> Looks good to me, so has this already been published or what's going on
> with it at the moment?

It hasn't been published yet. It's still under community review. Talk to Aaron
Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> for details.

> If this text is featured on both GNOME's and KDE's websites (maybe also
> freedesktop.org, etc...) we should maybe also spread it to various news
> sites (like press releases) together with the the announcement of the
> founding of the "freedesktop marketing and promotion group"?

We should certainly push it to the news sites.

If an announcement of the founding of a free desktop marketing group should go
along with it I will leave to the, well, marketing people ;-)