[Promotion] About me

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jan 23 07:32:23 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm a KDE developer from the Netherlands, working on a set of system
administration modules for kcontrol.

Recently, I'm spending most of my free software time on marketing issues of
KDE. Together with Martijn Klingens and Wade Olson, Tom Chance and a couple
of others, I've set up the Marketing Working Group of KDE. Within this group,
we're trying to professionalise the marketing strategy and operations of KDE
and the free desktop in general.

I hope that this new freedesktop promotion forum will make our work more
efficient, and that the collaboration with other freedesktop communities will
be without fruitful, open-minded and fun.

In the near future, I would like to explore pathes where we could join forces,
such as research on the current situation, promotion ideas and event
databases. And maybe much more.

Cheers,
--
sebas

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the
experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination
to do so. - Douglas Adams