[Promotion] About me

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Mon Jan 23 10:45:30 PST 2006

My turn to introduce :)

I'm another KDE developer from the Netherlands. Over the past years I've been
involved with various parts of KDE, like the bug report website before we
switched to Bugzilla, and I've been one of the core Kopete developers until
about two years ago.

Like Sebas and Wade I have been involved with the setup of the KDE Marketing
Working Group. Over the past months we've slowly started build a more
coherent marketing structure, and cooperation with other desktops in areas
where we can benefit from and augment eachother is one of our goals.

There are plenty of ideas, and I see also plenty of like-minded people of both
major desktops on this list (are there also people from the other desktops
like xfce, or from non-desktop projects here?)

Given that we're representing two of the most ambitious and high-profile open
source projects in the world and that we together have several of the most
talented developers in the world there's a lot of potential in joining
forces. The Free Software desktop is growing up, and if we do well we can
write history together. Let's make use of this unique opportunity!

--
Martijn