[Promotion] Marketing contact approach

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Wed Jul 12 08:31:28 PDT 2006

Ahoy,

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 14:56, Dave Neary wrote:
> Wade Olson wrote:
> > The KDE Marketing Team has also been kicking around options, and
> > haven't found a clear winner either.

Just a thought - it would make sense for us to share a lot of our contact
details. I know we're supposedly in competition and all that muck but I
personally think it would make a lot of sense to share lists of interested
journalists and the like.

Flame away...

> > A couple of months ago at least, I found that CiviCRM with Drupal to
> > be more trouble than its worth.  I haven't revisited that solution as
> > of late, but in general with it comes to a web-based CRM solution, I
> > feel your pain.
>
> I've been in contact with David from CiviCRM, and he's been very
> helpful. There's lots of potential for improvement

That was more or less the status when we tried it. I think it was around the
time of the beta releases. It will be interesting to see what you make of it
now!

By the way, if you end up using Drupal or Joomla for other parts of your web
infrastructure are you planning to tie CiviCRM into that at all, or keep it
separate?

Regards,
Tom

--
The task of critique is not to denounce the ideals, but to show their
transformation into ideologies, and to challenge the ideology in the