[polypaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] Polypaudio 0.8

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Apr 20 07:24:59 PDT 2006

On Thu, 20.04.06 23:31, Jeff Waugh (jdub at perkypants.org) wrote:

> <quote who="Lennart Poettering">
>
> >         http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/polypaudio-0.8
>
> Minor comment: As the original non-DD uploader to Debian, I was quite active
> on this list during my maintenance. You definitely did hear from someone in
> the Debian world - me. Oh, and you also credit me on the Polypaudio
> page. :)

Oh, I didn't know you ever uploaded it to Debian. To Ubuntu, yes, I
knew. But to Debian?

It appared to me that "Martin Pitt" was the guy who uploaded and
subsequently removed it from Debian again. And from him I never got an
Email or anything, AFAIK. In fact the time I learned that Polypaudio
was at some time part of Debian was just a few weeks ago.

The same guy writes in the BTS "It was intended to be the esound
successor, but since it will not be used in Gnome upstream,
development ceased." The last part of this sentence is
wrong. Polypaudio development never really ceased, it slowed down,
yes. But all I ever said publicly was that I was a little disappointed
about the situation of Polypaudio with Gnome and that due to this I
will not invest most of my free time into it anymore. And that's what
I did. (Avahi got more attention in the meantime)

If Î was unjust to you I am sorry!

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/