[polypaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] Polypaudio 0.9.0

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Mon May 29 06:41:04 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 14:19 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Mon, 29.05.06 13:00, Jan Schmidt (thaytan at noraisin.net) wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 19:33 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > We're proud to announce Polypaudio 0.9.0.
> >
> > Sweet. It sounds really nice. Looking forward to testing it when I get
> > some time.
> >
> > > GStreamer Plugin:
> > >            http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/gst-polyp/
> >
> > Are you interested in seeing this merged back into GStreamer itself?
>
> Yes, definitely. And moved into gst-plugins-good. Though I'd prefer
> getting write access to their CVS for that module, because keeping it
> up to date is otherwise too cumbersome (i.e. make a patch for every
> small change and post it on bugzilla and hope that somebody merges
> it). The old polypaudio plugin for gstreamer had the same problem: my
> upstream repository diverged quickly from gstreamer's version, because
> i was too lazy for the bugzilla procedure.

The guidelines for moving plugins between modules are here:

http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/docs/random/moving-plugins?rev=1.5&view=markup

The code for the gst-polyp module is LGPL, right? If so, I'm all for it
being in gst-plugins-good.

Getting write access shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,
Jan.

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net

<stibbons> Yeah. The whole climax thing would make much more sense
if I'd paid attention.