[pulseaudio-discuss] something like "pasend"?

Max Kempter kxam at gmx.net
Thu Nov 23 08:27:43 PST 2006

Hi,

I want to use different pulse audio hosts as different senders and recivers.

So,  sometimes I want to send from my local micro to Host A, sometimes only to Host B, sometimes to both (multicast).
The function I need is something like a push-to-Talk script, or one commando line tool to intiate a call to a other host.

I used paplay to distribute sound files; but is there also a easy tool like this to distribute sound from my mic into the LAN? And when I finished I want to stop the call.
Like a simple phone with nobody who have to acknowledge the call.

Something like #:  pasend 192.168.1.12
                      exit

The other question is, that I want to know which method you use for prioritise the IP-packets. Layer 2 with 802.1p or Layer 3 with DiffServ/IntServ?

thanks,

Max