[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio-discuss Digest, Vol 20, Issue 4

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Mon Nov 27 01:23:22 PST 2006

Max Kempter wrote:
> Thank you for answer my questuions, but I have some more:
>
> 1. Could you give me some informations about the server hardware requirements for minimal failure rate and for budget implemention?

No idea. It all depends on what you want the server to handle.

> 2. Is it a good a idea to use Audio kernel with RealTime Preemption, if I want a low latency system?

Pulse does use any of the realtime syscalls, so I don't think it will
get any performance gain.

> 3.How is it possible to adjust the Default Sample Rate/Type of the server? With sinks/sources it is not a problem, but...?

Not sure what you're asking here. The settings for clients are
configured in the respective client application.

> I found a typing error at FAQ #22:
>
> original raw:      load-module module-rtp-send source=rtp_monitor  ->this do not work
>
> better is:         load-module module-rtp-send source=rtp.monitor

It's a wiki, feel free to do corrections :)

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman            OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
System Developer         Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00