[pulseaudio-discuss] Using PulseAudio in Windows

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Thu Aug 30 13:33:36 PDT 2007

I've been working for a while on getting sounds passed as transparently
back and forth across my network as possible, and recently I decided to
try to get a Linux server running ESD to talk to a PulseAudio server
running on a Windows box (using Xming for the X session).

The whole process is described here:

http://www.the-love-shack.net/2007/08/23/forwarding-esd-played-sounds-to-a-remote-machine/

What I'd like to get is some feedback from some of the PA gurus here on
the Pulse-related stuff in the post. Primarily the second half of the
document (after "Update"). This was the best way that I could find to do
what I wanted, but I keep thinking that there must be a better way, so
I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for any feedback.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837