[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio and Network Audio Devices

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 20 00:42:57 PST 2007

Richi Plana wrote:
> Yes, viper is an AMD64 machine. Which is why those lines you quoted
> above seem strange.
>
> So this issue has been resolved. Not sure why it was looking
> in /usr/lib/pulse-0.9 instead of /usr/lib64/pulse-0.9.

Perhaps it was copied/pasted from some other machine at some point or
perhaps a you had both i586 and x86_64 media installed and accidentally
installed the i586 before realising and then replacing it with the
x86_64 but after a slight modifiecation to the config file which was not
replaced with the x86_64 package. Who knows. Either way it's fixed!!

I wonder if pulse should maybe search it's compiled module path for
modules that way you wouldn't need (tho' it should still be supported)
full paths in the default.pa. It would just make things simpler? e.g.
rather than ifexists you could have ifmoduleexists?

I'd imagine that's not too high on the development agenda tho' ;)

> Now it's just a matter of making "discoverable network sound devices
> available locally".

Make sure you have avahi running and there's no firewall blocking it
from finding out the necessary info.

Col.