[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio and Network Audio Devices

Richi Plana richip at richip.dhs.org
Thu Dec 20 09:16:23 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 08:42 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> > Now it's just a matter of making "discoverable network sound devices
> > available locally".
>
> Make sure you have avahi running and there's no firewall blocking it
> from finding out the necessary info.

So I did everything I could think of: switched off firewalls on both
machines, enabled every option related to exporting and importing
devices, restarted avahi-daemon ... and I finally got something! No,
it's not exactly a working remote setup, but I did see the remote audio
device appear locally virtually ... for all of a second.

Now I can make the device appear by switching the option "Make
discoverable network sound devices available locally" of and on again.
This would make the virtual device appear temporarily then it would
disappear. This works for both machines. It doesn't stay long enough for
me to actually test it.

Any idea why it's so fleeting?
--

Richi Plana