[pulseaudio-discuss] Gnome volume applet

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Fri Dec 21 08:10:52 PST 2007

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 01:28:30AM -0500, Ritesh Kumar wrote:
> The alsa mixer interface should work without problems. What does is the
> output of amixer scontrols on your terminal? Also, do you get a 'Cannot find
> control "Master"' while running pulseaudio?

$  amixer scontrols
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
Simple mixer control 'Capture',0

the ltsp client starts pulse like this:

                --disable-shm \
                --no-cpu-limit \
                --resample-method=trivial \
                --high-priority \
                -L module-detect \
                            -L "module-esound-protocol-tcp auth-anonymous=1" \
                            -L "module-native-protocol-tcp auth-anonymous=1" \
                            -L module-volume-restore \
                            -L module-rescue-streams \
                            -L module-native-protocol-unix \
                            -n &

And running that command on the ltsp client I receive no output and pulse
starts and works.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org