[pulseaudio-discuss] Fwd: Pulse Audio Sample Cache & resampling

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Tue Feb 13 19:22:19 PST 2007

> From: keith preston <keithpre at gmail.com>
> To: pulseaudio-discuss at mail.0pointer.de
> Date: 13 February 2007 04:35
>
> I was wondering about a status update on getting a fixed point
> resampler into pulseaudio.   I heard some of this work was taking
> place, but had not yet seen anything.   I am interested in helping if
> it would speed things along.
>
> I'm also interesting in helping with APIs especially like what
> gsmartmix was going to try and do.

Just to clear things up a bit. My resampler is not yet fully implemented
in fixed-point, only the inner loop is so far (though the rest is
planned). Although I recently made quite a few changes to the API, it
should be stabilising now (but I can't promise yet). Based on (very)
quick testing I did recently, my resampler should be a bit faster than
libsamplerate and have comparable (probably slightly lower for now)
quality at equal filter length.

At thins point, I'm quite interested on any feedback about the API,
implementation, anything. If there's anything you don't like (e.g.
something that's hard to get right when using it), please speak up now
when it's still easy to make changes.

	Jean-Marc