[pulseaudio-discuss] channel_map problems with alsa

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Wed Feb 14 02:16:52 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 11:05 +0100, Pierre Ossman wrote:
> Alex Malinovich wrote:
> >
> > So now the only remaining question is, is it still possible to get the
> > "broken" 4 speaker output for 2-channel files? Is it possible to somehow
> > set up a 2nd combined sink that duplicates the two front channels to the
> > two rear channels while leaving the "functional" combined sink in place?
> >

> No. That's the job of the channel remapper and it is currently too
> stupid to do that. All it can currently do is map back and forth from mono.

Well, no big loss there. It'll be nice when it's done but I'm still in
much better shape than I was 24 hours ago. I must say I'm really QUITE
impressed with pulse so far. Having lived through OSS and ESD I hadn't
thought it possible to have a good, working sound setup in Linux. But pa
has thankfully proven me wrong. :)

I'll take a look at the subversion repository to see if I can contribute
anything in the way of the channel remapper, but considering I've never
done any audio coding before it'll be a long shot. Thanks again for all
the help.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837