[pulseaudio-discuss] Fwd: Pulse Audio Sample Cache & resampling

keith preston keithpre at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 14:41:42 PST 2007

Ok, so I've been busy hacking away at getting the libspeex fixed point
resampler into pulse audio.    Here is a patch that barely makes it work in
a very hacked way.   You should be able to apply this to the tarball
0.9.5sources.  If you get it to build (I found a few problems with
types so you
might have to comment uncomment a couple of lines) you can run the
pulseaudio daemon with the parameters --resample=libspeex:0   where 0 can be
0-10 and represents quality.   A few notes

It only does re sampling and not channel doubling (I have some code in
there, but it doesn't really work and probably is really bad)

There is a annoying constant clicking, which I'm sure is just a bug I
overlooked. (Jean Marc?)

I have this weird issue where the re sample will return an out length that
is not divisible by sample_size * channels.   It tends to be odd.   What
does this mean?

Keith Preston