[pulseaudio-discuss] New application using PulseAudio and Simple API question

Ed Schouten ed at fxq.nl
Tue Jun 5 11:29:31 PDT 2007

* Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl> wrote:
> I'm still thinking of a nice way to work around this. Anyway, here's a
> first version of the patch, which also makes the mmap() calls work on
> FreeBSD.

I think it would be a lot better if shared memory (see shm_open(3))
wouldn't be by filename, but by descriptor (with sendmsg(2)). That way
you could immediately unlink the shared memory file after opening, which
will cause PulseAudio to never leak any shared memory buffers (which I
guess it now will when the client/daemon crashes).

I'm not an expert when it comes to hacking around in PulseAudio source
code, so I guess I can't help you folks with this. Please let me know
when such fixes are in the pipeline; I'd love to help you guys/gals test
such stuff. :)

Yours,
--
 Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl>