[pulseaudio-discuss] New application using PulseAudio and Simple API question

Ed Schouten ed at fxq.nl
Tue Jun 5 10:35:50 PDT 2007

* Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl> wrote:
> Maybe this evening I'll take a look if it's possible to delay the
> opening of the stream when the `ss' argument is NULL, so I can call
> pa_simple_new() to already instantiate the connection to the daemon
> before the chroot() call.

Done. I did fix it in another way though. I split up the pa_simple_new()
routine in two separate routines. The first one only opens the
connection to the server and the latter creates the actual stream. So
far it works quite good, with one nasty side-effect: it cannot unlink
the shared memory at shutdown.

I'm still thinking of a nice way to work around this. Anyway, here's a
first version of the patch, which also makes the mmap() calls work on
FreeBSD.

Yours,
--
 Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl>