[pulseaudio-discuss] amd64, pulseaudio, and nspluginwrapper

Alex Malinovich alex at malinovich.name
Tue Mar 6 16:47:04 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 15:55 +0100, CJ van den Berg wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 05:45:17AM -0800, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> > Well, I've just spent the last 4 hours working on this and I've made a
> > LITTLE progress. I can now at least get the flash plugin in a 32-bit
> > browser to give me sound (after installing the libflashsupport package)
> > through pulse. But that defeats the purpose of nspluginwrapper in the
> > first place. :)
>
> Before you go any further with this, you might want to know that the alsa
> plugin for pulse doesn't work with Flash 9. So once you get all the libs
> loaded correctly it's just going to break anyway.
>
> libflashsupport works great though and is arguably the "right" way to get
> flash working with pulse. So, I assume the solution we should try to get
> working is flash32+libflashsupport32+libpulse32 all in an amd64 browser.

Yeah, I missed the bit about "libpulse32" earlier... silly me... so
here's where I've gotten:

flash32 works fine for video only
libflashsupport32 is building fine as a lib32 for amd64, except that I'm
guessing it's not actually pulling in the pulse support

libpulse32 -- so I started trying to work on this just using my limited
knowledge of cross-arch builds. It seems to need libasyncns and
libavahi-common, and possibly others. With a bit of work, I was able to
hack together a buildable lib32asyncns. This got me far enough in the
pulse build for it to fail on libavahi, at which point I decided to call
it a day.

Is there some simpler way of handling the builds of libpulse32? Or will
all of pulse's dependencies also need to be made into 32-bit packages as
well? (If there's any more beyond avahi it's probably going to be beyond
me to even attempt it at this point.)

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837