[pulseaudio-discuss] Command for switching between two sound cards at runtime ..

Divya Shashidharan dsk.in.celunite at gmail.com
Tue May 8 23:51:54 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I am just trying out the output redirection feature of pulseaudio ..
I have three sinks .. one is for hw:0 and other for hw:1 and then a combined
virtual device..
My configuration file is pasted as below..

http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/19905/

I run my mplayer with the audio output as pulse ::  $mplayer -ao pulse
song.mp3

Then i ran pacmd to configure my server daemon at runtime
Basically my mplayer is running on the combined output device..
Now i want to switch from the combined output device to the first sound card
device ..

I have pasted the command line messages and configuration on this link ::
http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/19905/

How do i use move-sink-input to switch to the "output" sink from the
"combined" ? Any Suggestions??

Regds,

Dsk