[pulseaudio-discuss] Communication between puls servers?(again)

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun May 27 16:20:43 PDT 2007

On Sun, 20.05.07 21:43, Hasse Hagen Johansen (hasse-pulse at hagenjohansen.dk) wrote:

> Hi
>
> I followed the earlier thread with this subject (in the archive)
>
> I would just mention that I also have this problem with pulse playing
> fine remote and then falling back to local play with these errors:
>
> pdispatch.c: Recieved unsupported
> command 63
>
> module-tunnel.c: invalid packet

This is fixed in PA 0.9.6 which I released only a few minutes ago

> Another question. Is there any plans of making a tunnel module which
> can resample dependent on the bandwidth/latency of the network
> connection..some kind of dynamic resampling on sending system?

No plans. However, Pierre investigated how feasible it is to add codec
support to PA so that we can send encrypted audio strings over the
network.

> I've got an idea about a flac tunneling module(I know that would
> require a module for both ends of a tunnel)

Unmodified FLAC has relatively large blocks. That would mean
relatively high latencies. I've talked to the XIph guys about this and
they recommended to use a modified FLAC with shorter blocks. This is
on our todo list, but not a top priority.