[pulseaudio-discuss] Flash Video Synchronization

Paul Jones raptorman18 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 16:21:29 PDT 2007

On 5/31/07, CJ van den Berg <cj at vdbonline.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 05:15:06PM -0400, Paul Jones wrote:
> > HI again, I should have mentioned that I  already did all the settings
> in
> > the  gnome sound preferences but the system sounds still do not work.  I
> > shut off  the pulseaudio init script and  pulseaudio does not start
> > automatically, I have to start it from the terminal. Both Software Sound
> > Mixing and System Sounds are enabled in the preferences but still
> nothing.
>
> Are you sure you have pulseaudio-esound-compat installed?
>
> > I read the revolutionlinux page on the libflashsupport module and the
> > files that it says it checks for are not on my computer. I never noticed
> > that before. but /usr/lib/libpulse-simple.so.0.0 does exist. You
> mentioned
> > a permissions problem, but where? I am in all the necessary groups and
> so
> > is the user "pulse".
>
> If you are missing libpulse-simple.so.0.0.0 then you need to install
> libpulse0.
>
> -- CJ van den Berg
>
> mailto:cj at vdbonline.com
>   xmpp:cj at vdbonline.com

Yep, I double checked it is all installed already. Every thing with the name
"pulse" is installed. I said I  DO HAVE libpulse-simple but I do not have
the following files mentioned at the revolution linux site.

[from revolution linux]
It first tries to detect PulseAudio by looking for socket files and
environment variables:

   - /tmp/pulse-<USER>/native     (I don't have it)
   - /var/lib/run/pulse/native            (I don't have it)
   - PULSE_SERVER / PULSE_BINARY variables      (Don't know what their
   talking about)

I seriously do not know what is going wrong. I never had a problem with
pulseaudio before but now after I reinstalled Debian with their latest Lenny
disc I have these problems with synchronization and system sounds.

I don't know where I screwed up, and I've been able to setup pulseaudio on
other computers. (Before Lenny)

PJ