[pulseaudio-discuss] Problem with 0.9.7 and Audacious

Hasse Hagen Johansen hasse-pulse at hagenjohansen.dk
Fri Nov 16 08:05:23 PST 2007

Hi

I have stuttering(short pauses about every second) sound when using
audacious with its pulseaudio plugin. I have tried to set the buffer
size in audacious up, but it didn't make a difference. I have looked
at the source package for the audacious-plugins(on ubuntu 7.10). And I
cannot find so much difference between the xmms-pulse 0.9.7 and the
one in my source package(I only seem to don't have the ifdef's for
Beep media player. And the about plugin thing that the players can
display..license etc.)

XMMS can play without stuttering and I can use audacious with the
alsa-pulse plugin without stuttering also.

Any suggestions about what could the cause of this stuttering? I think
it is a little strange as the xmms-pulse and audacious-pulse plugin is
nearly identically

Regards
Hasse H. Johansen