[pulseaudio-discuss] Problem with 0.9.7 and Audacious

Thomas Jost thomas.jost at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 09:36:01 PST 2007

Hi,

I have the same kind of problem with mplayer (svn version) and its
pulseaudio output : shorts pauses about every seconds, which makes it
impossible to watch anything.

I noticed that if I don't load module-x11-publish (or if I run
"pax11publish -r"), things work nicely. And if I then run "pax11publish -e"
it starts not working again.
In the same time everything works perfectly with xine and mpd, without
having to disable module-x11-publish or anything else.

This problem first appeared when I upgraded from PA 0.9.6 to 0.9.7, without
any modification of mplayer. I tried to recompile it since then, but it
didn't change anything. It happens on my AMD64 Gentoo laptop as well as on
my i686 Archlinux workstation.

Any suggestion? Is it a known bug? (I didn't find any corresponding ticket
on the website).

Regards,
Thomas