[pulseaudio-discuss] Problem with 0.9.7 and Audacious

Hasse Hagen Johansen hasse-pulse at hagenjohansen.dk
Fri Nov 16 10:27:36 PST 2007

    Thomas> Hi, I have the same kind of problem with mplayer (svn
    Thomas> version) and its pulseaudio output : shorts pauses about
    Thomas> every seconds, which makes it impossible to watch
    Thomas> anything.

    Thomas> I noticed that if I don't load module-x11-publish (or if I
    Thomas> run "pax11publish -r"), things work nicely. And if I then
    Thomas> run "pax11publish -e" it starts not working again.  In the
    Thomas> same time everything works perfectly with xine and mpd,
    Thomas> without having to disable module-x11-publish or anything
    Thomas> else.

    Thomas> This problem first appeared when I upgraded from PA 0.9.6
    Thomas> to 0.9.7, without any modification of mplayer. I tried to
    Thomas> recompile it since then, but it didn't change anything. It
    Thomas> happens on my AMD64 Gentoo laptop as well as on my i686
    Thomas> Archlinux workstation.

    Thomas> Any suggestion? Is it a known bug? (I didn't find any
    Thomas> corresponding ticket on the website).

    Thomas> Regards, Thomas

Ahh..I think I read about that somewhere. That when using the
esd-wrapper with gnome(maybe not specifically gnome) that you should
disable the module-x11-publish module, because it was working in that
configuration..I think it actually was in some of the announcements
for 0.9.7

Thanks for getting me to remember it :-) I will try it right away

Regards
Hasse