[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio as a systemwide deamon and as the default ALSA plugin doesn't seem to work right.... ?

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 02:46:35 PST 2007

Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> writes:

> I know that Gentoo sets up PA this way. This is against my
> recommendation.

Hey now! *I* set it as systemwide, but that's my choice. The ebuild
gives you the tools of handling it in any way you want, either as
session instance or systemwide instance. As KDE and session instance
don't seem to work that well, I go for systemwide.

As I do use it, I do make sure that it works, but in pure Gentoo spirit
I don't force anything on users. They have the tool, they configure it.

Actually, the configuration files are untouched from the default shipped
by PulseAudio, so... :)

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/