[pulseaudio-discuss] pstream.c: Failed to import memory block.

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 13:32:21 PST 2007

On 11/20/07, Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 20.11.07 21:50, Lennart Poettering (lennart at poettering.net) wrote:
>
> > > I just have the standard Ubuntu package installed. I would suppose
> > > that whoever made it knew what they were doing.
> >
> > I wouldn't want to speculate about this.
> >

> I just spoke to the Ubuntu guys. They have the file
> /etc/default/pulseaudio which can be used to enable system wide
> mode. Most likely you modified that file?

Looking at it I must have modified it a while ago and forgotten. If
you don't turn
PULSEAUDIO_SYSTEM_START=1 on, you can't start pulse using
/etc/init.d/pulseaudio and then pulse doesn't start on boot. Editing
that file is the standard way of turning on services in Ubuntu.

Am I supposed to start it with my Gnome session instead?

What to do is not exactly obvious when installing the package.