[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 0.9.8

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Nov 21 17:26:43 PST 2007

Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just released PulseAudio 0.9.8. Lots of new stuff.
>
> Changes:
>
> http://pulseaudio.org/milestone/0.9.8
>
> Tarball:
>
> http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/pulseaudio/pulseaudio-0.9.8.tar.gz
>
> Doing a new PA release is a lot of work. To make it easier for me to
> release PA more often I decided to cut down a bit my testing before I
> release a new version. So this is the first release where I did only
> the most basic "Yes, it starts up" testing before the release. If it's
> too bad I can always release a bugfix release a couple of days after
> each release. But honestly I think the releases shouldn't be too
> bad. And since all distros do their own testing anyway this shouldn't
> be too much of a problem.

Perhaps a bit premature but with minimal testing I get:

pactl upload-sample /usr/share/sounds/gtk-events/activate.wav x11-bell
Connection failure: Protocol error
Failed to upload sample: Protocol error

I can play the sample fine with paplay.

Relevent pulseaudio -vv output:

I: client.c: Created 0 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
I: protocol-native.c: Got credentials: uid=603 gid=603 success=1
I: protocol-native.c: Enabled SHM for new connection
I: client.c: Client 0 changed name from "Native client (UNIX socket
client)" to "pactl"
I: client.c: Freed 0 "pactl"
I: protocol-native.c: connection died.

ll /dev/shm/