[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 0.9.8

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Nov 22 07:15:03 PST 2007

On Thu, 22.11.07 01:26, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:

> Perhaps a bit premature but with minimal testing I get:
>
> pactl upload-sample /usr/share/sounds/gtk-events/activate.wav x11-bell
> Connection failure: Protocol error
> Failed to upload sample: Protocol error
>
> I can play the sample fine with paplay.
>
> Relevent pulseaudio -vv output:
>
> I: client.c: Created 0 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
> I: protocol-native.c: Got credentials: uid=603 gid=603 success=1
> I: protocol-native.c: Enabled SHM for new connection
> I: client.c: Client 0 changed name from "Native client (UNIX socket
> client)" to "pactl"
> I: client.c: Freed 0 "pactl"
> I: protocol-native.c: connection died.

Fixed in r2074.

Packagers! Please make sure to get this patch from SVN and apply it to
your packages.

I am too lazy to release a new version just for this.

Oh, and gst-pulse is broken too. I will shortly release a new version
of that, because it is so broken that it hurts. (And I am now putting
a brown paperbag on my head).