[pulseaudio-discuss] Module-tunnel unloading itself - protocol error, kicking client.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Nov 26 14:40:45 PST 2007

Hi,

Just playing with my home setup after upgrading to 0.9.8 from 0.9.6 and
seem to have a problem whereby I cannot get the tunnel to work properly.

The server is started with auth-anonymous=1 but I can't seem to get the
tunnel to stay alive.

Running a client machine with PULSE_SERVER env var works fine and the
output comes through perfectly so physically things work. I'm just
wondering why the tunnel wont stay alive?

Is there something special that needs to be done with the networks
settings/tcp window sizes etc? It works fine for me at work but not at
home.... it does cross subnets at home but I've tried it direct too and
it still seems to die :s

Client is x86_64 and client is i586, but I've played music via a tunnel
all day today with the same setup at work. The server at home is an EPIA
in an NFS root fs (read-only). Any thoughts/musings welcome :)

The client output:

D: module-tunnel.c: Using already loaded auth cookie.
I: sink.c: Created sink 4 "tunnel.epia" with sample spec "s16le 2ch 44100Hz"
I: source.c: Created source 6 "tunnel.epia.monitor" with sample spec
"s16le 2ch 44100Hz"
D: module-tunnel.c: Thread starting up
D: rtpoll.c: Acquired POSIX realtime signal SIGRTMIN+25
D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source tunnel.epia.monitor becomes idle.
D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink tunnel.epia becomes idle.
I: module.c: Loaded "module-tunnel-sink" (index: #20; argument:
"server=epia").
D: module-tunnel.c: Connection established, authenticating ...
D: module-tunnel.c: Connection authenticated, creating stream ...
W: module-tunnel.c: Stream died.
I: module.c: Unloading "module-tunnel-sink" (index: #20).
D: module-rescue-streams.c: No sink inputs to move away.
D: module-rescue-streams.c: No source outputs to move away.
D: module-tunnel.c: Thread shutting down
I: sink.c: Freeing sink 4 "tunnel.epia"
I: source.c: Freeing source 6 "tunnel.epia.monitor"
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-tunnel-sink" (index: #20).

Server output:
I: socket-server.c: TCP connection accepted by tcpwrap.
I: client.c: Created 1 "Native client (TCP/IP client from
192.168.43.2:54000)"
I: client.c: Client 0 changed name from "Native client (TCP/IP client
from 192.168.43.2:53999)" to "PulseAudio"
E: protocol-native.c: protocol error, kicking client
I: client.c: Freed 0 "PulseAudio"
I: client.c: Client 1 changed name from "Native client (TCP/IP client
from 192.168.43.2:54000)" to "PulseAudio"
E: protocol-native.c: protocol error, kicking client
I: client.c: Freed 1 "PulseAudio"