[pulseaudio-discuss] esd_monitor_stream support

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Oct 9 11:49:56 PDT 2007

On Mon, 08.10.07 19:03, David J. Andruczyk (djandruczyk at yahoo.com) wrote:

> Does pulseaudio (using Esound modules) support
> monitoring of streams using "esd_monitor_stream()" ?
>
> I'm trying to get my old app which uses that call to
> monitor hte esound streams to work via pulseaudio and
> it seems to not even connect (as it doesn't show up in
> the client list in the pulseaudio manager.)

ESD monitor streams should work fine. At least they do on PA 0.9.7
from SVN, as I just checked.

But if the client cannot event connect to PA you probably have a more
general issue anyway. Please run PA on the command line with "-vv"
and check if any information about new connections is printed. And
make sure to enable the esd compatibility modules in the PA config.