[pulseaudio-discuss] SHM Error Messages

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Mon Apr 21 05:41:35 PDT 2008

Tanu,

I do have the mount point:
/dev/shm on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)

My /dev/shm has:
-r-------- 1 jduda jduda 2097176 2008-04-21 08:31 pulse-shm-3230492922
-r-------- 1 jduda jduda 2097176 2008-04-21 08:30 pulse-shm-4012357765

Each new audio attempt creates a new enter in /dev/shm, so, changing
permissions has no affect.

Using the disable-shm in daemon.conf didn't have any affect, I get the
same error messages.  I also tried --disable-shm=1 on the command line
when launching pulse.

  3302 ?        S<sl   0:00 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --log-target=syslog -D
--disable-shm=1

pstream.c: Recieved SHM frame on a socket where SHM is disabled.

Thanks for the feedback.  Very strange, I don't know what I could have
done, but I broke something.

Jim