[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio elusive

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Dec 9 03:01:44 PST 2008

'Twas brillig, and Jack Tanner at 09/12/08 02:21 did gyre and gimble:
> I used pactl to exit PA and then had VLC use ALSA directly. Voila! No more
> choppy video/audio. This is really too bad, I was just getting the hang of this
> PA stuff. Is there anything I could try to speed up PA and/or make it use fewer
> resources? The machine is a 3ghz Celeron 2.6.27.5-117.fc10.i686 w/ 1GB RAM.

There are lots of things that can be done including using a lower grade
resampler and such like things.

For me VLC + pulse play really nicely together, so I'm not sure what's
up in your case :( (/me will double check that tonight tho' as new X and
new lots of other things mean things may have changed!)

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]