[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio timing out accepting connections

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Dec 10 10:25:08 PST 2008

On Wed, 10.12.08 10:17, Brian J. Murrell (brian at interlinx.bc.ca) wrote:

> > Yeah, it sounds like PA is stuck in a tight loop trying to access
> > ALSA. I've never encountered this before, and I've used Intrepid a
> > bit. I'm thinking either you have a custom compiled version of a
> > library that PA depends on;
>
> Nope.  Everything here is stock.
>
> > or, you have some strange hardware.
>
> # cat /proc/asound/cards
>  0 [Live           ]: EMU10K1 - SBLive! Value [CT4832]
>                       SBLive! Value [CT4832] (rev.7, serial:0x80271102) at 0x9c00, irq 17

Please note that the SBLive drivers are incomplete and broken timing
because Creative is very uncooperative. Due to that your results with
PA on this sound card may vary.

Don't buy Creative. (Why would anyone do that anyway these days?)

> Strangely pulse does not detect the other devices.

This is usually a sign that the drivers used are buggy or are blocked
by some other process. Run "pulseaudio -vvvv" in a terminal to figure
out what is going on.