[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio elusive

Jack Tanner ihok at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 19:09:15 PST 2008

Lennart Poettering <lennart <at> poettering.net> writes:

> The drivers for the newer Creative sound cards (such as your Audigy)
> are incomplete. More particularly their timing querying is broken
> which might cause drop outs during playback.

OK. Are the drivers here shared by PA, ALSA, OSS, etc., or do each of them have
their own?

> Creative is very uncooperative to Linux developers. Don't buy
> Creative. If you did than it is your own fault that things don't work
> as intended.

I generally make it a point to support Linux-friendly companies. Thank you for
letting me know about Creative. But "it is your own fault" sounds a little
harsh, to be honest.

> Also, why buy a Creative Sound Card anyway? Onboard sound cards are
> very capable these days. No need to replace them unless you fancy gold cables.

No, no need for gold cables. My mobo has a Realtek ALC655 6-Channel AC97
chipset. Is that well-supported?