[pulseaudio-discuss] RTP module patch

Tom Bamford tombamford at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 14:01:39 PST 2008

Hi Colin,

On 20/12/2008, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Thanks for your contributions. I'm not an expert in RTP stuff so I can't
> really review, but here is some general advice about contributions.
>
> The normal procedure is to make a git clone of the official code
> repository (the details are on the website) and then make your changes
> there.
>
> The process would be something like:
> git clone git://git.0pointer.de/pulseaudio
> cd pulseaudio
> git checkout -b mybranch
> <do work & change files>
>

> You can then review your own changes via "git diff" to make sure you're
> not making any changes you didn't mean to!
>
> Once you are happy with your changes changes you "commit" them into your
> checkout by running:
> git commit -am "Description of my changes"
>
> (the -a bit just says to commit all modified files, if you only want to
> commit a subset, run "git add <filename>" and miss out the -a flag on
> your commit)
>
> Once you are happy you would publish your changes upstream. There are a
> few ways to do this with the built in git tools, but a simple way to get
> you started is to create a series of patches via:
> git format-patch master..mybranch
>
> This will create a series of files all ending in .patch. These files
> represent the differences between the master branch and your local branch.
>
> You should then either post these files here on the mailing list or
> create a ticket in Trac and attach them there.
>
> The Trac route is less likely to be overlooked, but Lennart may prefer
> the patches here for review.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Col
>

> --
>
> Colin Guthrie
> gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie
> http://colin.guthr.ie/
>
> Day Job:
>    Tribalogic Limited [http://www.tribalogic.net/]
> Open Source:
>    Mandriva Linux Contributor [http://www.mandriva.com/]
>    PulseAudio Hacker [http://www.pulseaudio.org/]
>    Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]

Thank you for your advice. I've followed this procedure and attached a
patch to this message.

I apologise if I hit the mailing list twice with this message, gmail
is so unreliable on slow connections.

The extra lines just apply the same TTL to outgoing SDP packets as the
RTP packets in the module-rtp-send mod.

Kind Regards,
Tom Bamford