[pulseaudio-discuss] Controlling where module-rtp-send sends multicast packets?

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 07:01:03 PST 2008

>  Is there any way that I can specify which
> interface pulesaudio sends its multicast packets on? Or even more
> ideally, can I disable all outgoing multicast traffic and just have the
> local loopback happening?
>
> I have attempted to configure the kernel routing tables on my ubuntu
> (7.10) install, but with no change. I still see all the multicast
> packets going out the interface (using ethereal on another machine to
> check).

I am a totally new to PulseAudio,  so this may be a stupid question, but why
are you using the rtp  module if you want everything to stay on a single
machine?  If you have multiple audio devices on that machine,  I was under
the impression that PulseAudio could handle moving sources between those
devices just fine without the use of the rtp module.

Alternatively, you might try setting up a firewall on the box to block the
outgoing rtp packets.

-chris

--
TV/IT Engineer