[pulseaudio-discuss] Controlling where module-rtp-send sends multicast packets?

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 07:55:52 PST 2008

> > I'm more intrigued by the possibility of turning my dumpster bound PC
> > hardware into something useful using PulseAudio.
>
> Work out the electricity and AC costs and you won't think they are so
> cheap.

This node I working on right now is a 1.1Ghz Celeron laptop.   Power
consumption is probably about 50w.  It is destined for an uncooled part of
the house (screened in porch) and will be powered on for about 100 hours /
year.

That means the yearly electricity and AC costs will be approximately 30
*cents*.

-chris

--
TV/IT Engineer